It is vital for any business owner to know his / her audience and what they want. The best way to know your audience is through traffic statistics and this is exactly what Google Analytics provides for FREE. There are plenty of web stat software applications and plugins, but it is our belief that Google Analytics is indispensable for any business website.
It provides stats for:
- Who visits your website – user’s geographical location, which browser did they use, their screen resolution, which language they speak, etc.
- What they do when they are on your website – you can see how long users stay on your website, what pages they are visiting the most, which page is causing the users to leave most often, how many pages an average the user is viewing etc.
- When they visit your site – you can see what time of the day is the busiest for your website. This helps you schedule a time to publish new content.
- Where did they come from – you can see how the user found you. Whether it was through a search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc), social networks (facebook, twitter etc), a link from another website, or a direct type-in. Google Analytics also shows you the breakdown of each traffic source, so you can focus on specific ones if you like.
- How users interact with your website’s content – You can see how many users clicked on a specific link.
- And much more.
At Chronos Designs, we believe in the importance of accurate website analytics, which is why we offer Google Analytics setup with all of our web design services.